Pages

What Are We Doing Here?

No comments:
 
No, this post isn't going to include the answer to one of life's great mysteries... why we are all here. I'm sure there are many blogs and sites out there to deal with that question.

Mine is rhetorical, although you can weigh in if you want in the comments section, but I have a feeling this will be a little one-sided as I am writing this well before you will be reading it.

What we are doing here is expanding the realm of creativity to something we use every day, our phones. There's rarely a minute in the day that we don't have them with us or at least within earshot. It's a mighty tool for working, passing time, gaming, navigating, building, referencing, and oh yeah... talking to someone! There's a thousand things we can do with our phone, but there's one that we are going to be particularly interested in here. The camera.

I've already stated what I'm going to be doing with this blog. What I hope comes out of it, is that somehow I can inspire other people to be creative with their phone and capture some really great images. It doesn't matter if every photo belongs on a wall. What matters is that there's an effort to be creative and that it's ok to do something just for the fun of it. Take a ton of pictures and look for what inspires you to be creative!

Here are the ground rules I'll be following.

1. Only an Android smartphone may be used to take photos for this blog.
2. Photos can be edited with Adobe Photoshop Express (found in Android Market). Adjustments are limited to Exposure, Saturation, Contrast, Brightness, and Tint.
3. Photos are uploaded directly to this blog from my phone with Blogger-Droid (also Android Market)
4. Photos can only be posted from the day they are taken. E.G. No taking 7 days worth of photos in a day and sitting on my butt for a week.
5. At least one photo per day for one year will be posted, starting on Mar 19th, 2011.

I think that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment